View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 08:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Good outcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by inchronicpain View Post
i went to my pain managent doctor where i live at now he looked at my MRI I had done in Indiana and he said you have a small disc bulge of L5 I think in my lower back and also have mild arthritis in my back to .

he also wants me to do water pt and he put me on 2 meds for pain that I have to take them together.

i knew something was wrong with my lower back but they kept telling me the mri showed nothing and this doctor here seen it when he looked at the mri and the doctor in Indiana missed it and i also have sciatica.
Hi inchronicpain,

I had an MRI show disc problems at L5, S1 several (13) years ago. Also had degenerative discs. I was sent to physical therapy (water) for many weeks. It was nice to be in the water, but it did nothing for helping with my pain. I was sent to an orthopedic surgeon and he sent me for a diskography. That made the ortho decide I needed back surgery. I got a second opinion from a neurosurgeon and he said, Yes, you do have a back problem, but back surgery will not fix the nerve damage in your leg. I declined to have the back surgery since it was not going to fix my pain. Much to my surprise, a recent MRI did not show any bulging or herniated disc at L5, S1. It had healed on its own. That is the good outcome. Now to the rest of the story, the recent MRI did show herniated discs and bulging discs, degenerative discs, and other problems in OTHER areas of my spine. BUT, the old disc bulge and herniation is no longer there. This time no one is suggesting or recommending back surgery.

How long have you had sciatica? Do you have constant or intermittent pain with it? Is the pain in your back more painful than the pain from your sciatica? Is anyone doing anything about your endometriosis? The rest of your post is out of my view so I don't know what else you stated. Do I have the info correct? Are you getting treatment for your 2005 trauma?

Please let us hear back from you. Wishing you the best. Are the meds from your pain mgt. doc helping?

I can't take any pain meds, even OTC, because of a bunch of other medical conditions. I am limited to an occasional, ... very seldom Tylenol.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote