Thread: Latuda
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 10:03 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Arrow Latuda - time to steady-state is 3.75-5.25 days, based on 18-hour mean half-life

Hi there TBI/PTSD,

well I was a bit worried too about the voices and such. I was happy to hear that you have people you can count on, and that even though the folks you are closest too are away, you have reached out to your neighbors. That was a very good idea.

I am glad to hear that you have talked to your doctor about what is going on and that he feels it is related to changing meds. You are getting there with the meds, so hopefully you will feel better soon.

Good that you are now on your target dose of 40 mg Latuda.

--------
As far as when it will be in your system - i.e. at steady-state - that should take about 4-5 days from the first 40mg dose. This is based on the mean half-life of 18 hours. (Steady-state is considered reached at 5-7 half-lives. At 5 half-lives the drug level is pretty close to target. The half-life of a drug varies some across individuals and time to steady-state varies accordingly: the numbers I've given are only statistical predictors, not empirical data as pertains to you.)
--------

I think you are doing a great job keeping afloat. If you need to stay busy, kayaking and cooking sound like healthy ways to do it... assuming, as Bizi says, you have the physical endurance for the kayaking! LOL! I could not do that for 3 hours! I probably would not last 5 minutes, LOL.

Hang in there.

waves
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (08-02-2013), Brokenfriend (08-03-2013), Mari (08-02-2013)