View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 10:11 PM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybee333 View Post
Hi. I just wanted to say thank you for your post. I just had the leads from my trial spinal cord stimulator removed today. I was on the fence about having the surgery to have the permanent one put in only because they couldn't get the main area that I needed relief in to be able to feel any tingling or anything. My L5/S1 and L3/L4 discs are herniated and that is the main area I wanted them to target. Unfortunately, they were able to get above and below that area, including down into my legs, just not that one spot on my lower back. They explained how the leads with the paddles would have much more specific coverage, but I was still worried that if I have the surgery I won't get relief exactly where I need it the most. Your post at least lets me know that there are people out there getting relief from it, so what do I really have to lose? It can always be removed if it doesn't work for me.
Hi My leads moved during the trial too. But the rep. has told me when I have my surgery implant they are going to put the lead up higher so I get better coverage. In surgery they are going to attach to lead to my bones in a few spots so they don't move so easy. It''s an laminectomy. My will be made by St. Jude.
tmyaco76 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote