Old 08-02-2013, 11:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse M View Post
::::

To MrsD:

I just got back from my new doctor getting the confirmation that I do NOT have diabetes. However, she implored me to take a prescription amount (a very large dosage) of Vitamin D. She showed me my level and it was only "15" whatever that means.

She says its very low -this despite me taking some Vitamin D supplements already. I feel she is really onto something here. Still, I asked her to lower the prescription dosage some and then raise it later, because I fear taking such high levels of anything might be too much too fast.

So, I will be taking 5000 mg of vitamin D per day and then return in 2 months to get my levels read.

Does anyone here know if my Vitamin D levels (of 15) is really a concern?
Please help. I appreciate any advice.

On a positive note, I feel this doctor is really trying to help me, and indeed, it seems she already found something that many other doctors have overlooked, including 2 neurologists.
Hi jesse
I was told by my nutritionist optima levels are between 40-60. My levels were 31,she told me to take 2000 a day. I took 5000 a day for over a yr. My levels only went up to 32. Don't worry abou taking too much ur levels are way too low. If ur Dr gives u a rx take it!
u can take up to 10,000 iu on ur own. Low vit D, can cause osteoporosis, bone pain, cancer among others! Hope this helps
16rhonda is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote