View Single Post
Old 08-03-2013, 01:12 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16rhonda View Post
Hi jesse
I was told by my nutritionist optima levels are between 40-60. My levels were 31,she told me to take 2000 a day. I took 5000 a day for over a yr. My levels only went up to 32. Don't worry abou taking too much ur levels are way too low. If ur Dr gives u a rx take it!
u can take up to 10,000 iu on ur own. Low vit D, can cause osteoporosis, bone pain, cancer among others! Hope this helps
Well, yep - I was in for a big surprise. I got from my pharmacist the prescription they ordered for me. It is only 4 pills!!!

They are 50,000 units of Vitamin D2. I am supposed to take 1 every week, for 4 weeks. Obviously, I am afraid to take such a megadose of this, but it would only be 1 pill every week NOT day, so that's a big relief. However, I'm told my so-called natural level of Vit D is probably more like a 9 or 10, since I had been taking a multivitamin with D in it already for some time.

This is also some evidence that I have an undiagnosed condition that stops me from absorbing normal levels of vitamin D, though we don't know what that is just yet.

I figure that such a low level can't be good. So I plan on taking the prescription as ordered, I just hope I don't react badly to it.
Jesse M is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote