View Single Post
Old 05-16-2007, 03:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default The ears...

Gee whatever happened to the wet med on dry and dry med on wet skin medication rules? I know that's what they used to tell us in the old days...Showing my age here.

When hubby first got this, they thought it was Dermatitis and treated it for this for quite some time. It was only when we changed docs, that the new doc diagnosed psoriasis. It is red, scaly, itches like mad and gets red, swollen and oozes fluid...

Hubby is taking Fish Oil capsules and has discontinued the flax seed oil, because he feels like it works better. I noticed last night that he had a flareup on his chinny-chin-chin, but this seems to come and go. Behind his ear looks good. The fish oil has Omega 3's and he takes 1,000 mg 2 times a day. I know Alan cannot take this, but perhaps this may help others. I wonder if topical application would affect his other meds.

Every now and then I catch him using cortisone cream on the area behind the ears. I have to get after him over this, because this cream can cause thinning of the skin, so when he does that he gets in trouble... I just called him to check on all of this, and he admitted to using the cortisone again... He swears he only uses it occasionally. I really wish he would NOT do that, but you know how it is, Mel...

A lady in our area has the worst case of psoriasis that I have ever seen. She has a standup tanning booth in her garage that her doc prescribed, and she gets in that all of the time. She says it really helps.

Cathie
Yorkiemom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote