View Single Post
Old 08-04-2013, 07:45 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default stop already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouka View Post
I have insurance through my work. That's a fact. I also have life insurance. But I don't know if I can keep them it if I lost my job. I know that my job is offering long term disability insurance. I will see what they will tell me.
As for PD. I am convinced I have it because unfortunately, I present every possible symptom. It'as just that I don't have visible tremors now. But I know they are on the way. I still can type and write but I have to tense my biceps tremendously to still have fine motor control. The final effect being that my biceps are hurting from the constant tension. My back muscles also hurt because they are tense all the time.
I am under an enormous amount of stress because I dread the future and know what's in stock for me. Sleeping pills buy me a couple of hours sleep each night. I am sweating constantly.
I guess I had PD all along. I just didn't pay attention to it until symptoms became too obvious. I withstood enormous hardships to achieve the relative success I enjoyed. I don't want to go away. I still have 10 years of mortgage left to pay and 3 kids to raise. My son is severely handicapped. So forgive me if I am stressing out about the future. It's what I am dealing with that is stressing me out.
Unless you are a doctor, stop trying to do a layman's override of a man who went years to get his medical degree! Right now the only dx you have is a negative: you DON'T have PD. You could have any number of things, horrific stress, mineral imbalance, severe Vitamin B deficiency (which has to be rectified correctly, just popping a B vitamin will not work...see the pernicious anemia forum here)...etc.

I would suggest you read the book "Could It Be B12?" written by Sally Pacholok and Jeffrey Stuart. Severe B12 deficiency has a ton of symptoms of much scarier conditions. And many drugs docs prescribe can mask what is really a B12 deficiency, so be on the lookout.

Your thyroid may be totally out of whack as well, you don't say how old you are in years, but stress will age us like nothing else does. I would suggest you read "The Thyroid Solution" by Ridha Arem, because he lists the tests one needs to fully see what is going on with the thyroid.

With both of these, you will see that the acceptable "ranges" medicine has set for vitamins, minerals, and hormones are flawed: what level is good for me is not necessarily good for you....also, the level I needed when I was 20 is not going to be the same level I need at 40, 50, 60, etc. These "levels" medicine has set are fixed, and if someone is within the range, they are deemed to be fine. But our bodies do not stay the same our whole lives, we are constantly adjusting as we encounter this or that stressor (emotional like a new job or physical like a broken arm or getting the flu)...so it only makes sense that our body's need for various vitamins and minerals would fluctuate as well.

Sometimes when things like this happen, it is a good time to take a look at where we are in our life. You are stressed for a reason (or sounds like, many)....make a list of those things worrying you and see if can find a way out. You will probably put PD on your list: the only doctor you have been to has told you that you do not have PD. Why in the world take on a burden you have been told you do not have? You have huge stress, put that on your list instead and you and your wife try to figure out what you can do to alleviate at least part of it.

Looking deeper: are you happy? If not, why, and what can you do about it?

We cannot always fix what is not perfect in our worlds, but we can work around those things and try to be at peace with them. .

Would you rather be told you do not have PD by a doctor, as you have been, than to be told you do have PD, put on PD meds for years and dealt with the horrible side effects of those drugs, only to find out decades later that you did not have PD? This has really happened to people! Be careful.
lurkingforacure is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Bob Dawson (08-04-2013), lab rat (08-05-2013), reverett123 (08-04-2013), soccertese (08-04-2013), Thelma (08-05-2013)