View Single Post
Old 08-04-2013, 12:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkingforacure View Post
Would you rather be told you do not have PD by a doctor, as you have been, than to be told you do have PD, put on PD meds for years and dealt with the horrible side effects of those drugs, only to find out decades later that you did not have PD? This has really happened to people! Be careful.
I am sorry for repeating the same tune over and over. I am convinced I have PD. The doctor that checked me is a neurologist, but he does not specialize in PD. He just looked for obvious signs of PD: Muscle stiffness, hand not moving while walking, tremors. He ignored other symptoms I mentioned, like tension in my biceps to achieve fine motor control. back aches that he said were of some other condition. The stiffness I sometimes feel, unable to bend over. Or the back aches I feel after being i a sitting position for a while and standing up. This is why I didn't take his opinion seriously. I am planning to get an appointment with a MDS doctor and see what the deal is once and for all.

On a different note, if I were to try some PD medication, what would be some obvious positive effects? Would it help with my balance? Would it help with my emotionless face? Would it help with my back cramps?
Does PD medication deal with all these aspects at once or does one have to take a whole set of medication to deal with each aspect of the disease?
mouka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote