View Single Post
Old 08-04-2013, 05:26 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Good news about Apokyn

My wife just had her 1st experience with Apokyn at the University of Cincinnatti Health Center. It was her first titration with several folks attending, including her neurologist, two nurses and some visitors from World Meds that distrubutes the Apokyn medicine. The visitors had never experienced the results from anyone other that DVD's they had seen. It was a real treat for all of us. I took her to the office in a very off condition and within 10 minutes of the first injection (which they had me administer. Yes, I was nervous.) she started recovering. To normally get her back from this condition it would have taken an hour with a double dose of sinemet and comtan. She usually takes her meds every three hours. It had been seven since she had taken her meds so she was basically totally incapacitated. Could not even open her eyes. She was in an on condition in 30 minutes and it lasted for 1 1/2 hrs. Had been taking nausea meds so there wasn't any nausea problems. Has been five days and she takes injections as needed to compliment her sinemet. So excited. Working well. Will post results after we have had more experimentation. For all advanced Parkinsons patients, I recommend giving it a shot. (pun intended) Gary

Last edited by Gary Page; 08-04-2013 at 05:36 PM. Reason: wrong name
Gary Page is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote