View Single Post
Old 08-04-2013, 06:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Arvella,

I'm sorry you are having troubles and have had to endure a revision so soon. Regarding the Novocaine feeling and itchiness - this is usually a good sign even though it is annoying. Over the next 6 months to a year the area of numbness should get smaller or even disappear completely. Anytime you have an incision unfortunately some nerves are sacrificed but, in that area there aren't any big peripheral nerves that would cause long term problems or other ill effects. The itchiness goes away much more quickly but for the life of me I cannot recall how long that took. If the itchiness is really bothersome you could try lidoderm patches or some of the medicated creams. Light massage or even just gentle touching of this area will help stimulate healing and lesson the annoyance much more quickly.

As far as relief goes. For me it was instant but that doesn't mean the relief was 100%.. I am getting most of the time about 50% pain reduction and sometimes a bit more and sometimes a bit less. One thing you could do to truly see if you are getting any relief at all is to turn it off for a while or turn it up farther than what your baseline setting has been. Are you able to change the hertz on your unit? I think they often set it at 60 but, for me it is better to have different buzz sensations throughout the day rather than only one.. as it almost feels like my body gets used to any one setting if left the same for to long.

I do hope you find relief soon,
Tessa
zookester is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (08-08-2013), Mark56 (08-04-2013), Rrae (08-10-2013)