View Single Post
Old 05-16-2007, 04:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

hey lilly... my RSD came after shoulder surgery. i had never heard of it before and i was scared to come into the forum after reading some of the posts. the truth is, i was feeling the same pain as most of these people, experiencing the same symptoms, but i didn't want to give it a name. even when the dr. told me about RSD, i didn't want to face it.

if you have any concerns at all (which you obviously do ) you should get another opinion. my ortho sent me to the pain clinic IMMEDIATELY when the treatments she was giving me weren't coming close to ebbing my pain. the pain doc. knew exactly what i needed (which won't be the same for everyone) and he gave me meds that helped with the pain and shots in the neck that felt woooooonnnnderful.

everyone i have met in this forum has been so wonderful and full of compassion. it's ok to tell us how you feel because chances are, the rest of us are feeling it too. it's hard for people that don't have RSD to really know what excruciating pain we are in. so it's really good to have people that you can feel comfortable venting to. (sorry to all of you english majors - yes, i ended my sentence with a preposition ).

best of luck in your journey.

shalom,
angie
unrouley1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote