View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 10:20 AM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Default CRPS as a cause of death

Karen, in fact people do die from CRPS. In cases where the immune system fails, opportunistic cancers and so on take hold. There is also n immune reason for the heart attacks, as inflammatory conditions in the body take over. I can provide a refr for this statement too.

Moreover, Schwartzmann notes clearly in his latest paper Systemic Implications .. How internal muscles are affected by CRPS, and that often heart attacks are misdiagnosed in CRPS for this reason.

One paper I read, and I shall find the refr indicates that those who've had CRPS longer than 30 years have a very highly likelihood of dying of secondary conditions. All autoimmune conditions challenge us in this way. Ours does too.

Unless one can get both inflammation and pain and control one stands a low chance of a long life. A blessing in disguise, in some ways as no person can endure what CRPS does to the body without long term consequences.
Kindest,
Meg
Aug 5th 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalenaFaolan View Post
I don't think RSD itself will EVER be listed as a cause of death on a death certificate. RSD isn't a fatal disorder by any means. No one will ever die from rsd no matter what some people out there might say. It does cause problems with the body, a lot of things we live with up our risk of heart attack, stroke, high blood pressure. The lack of circulation increases our risk of heart attack and stroke, high blood pressure also increases the risk, the pain increases the risk. If the rsd goes internal it can cause the heart to begin beating irregularly leading to a massive or even just a regular heart attack.

Having said that, I knew one woman who died about a year after I got rsd. She was in a group I was in. She was such a good person and I still miss her. She died of a massive heart attack brought on by rsd. She was one of the few who had it internally and she'd had a couple of heart attacks previously. Her cause of death was heart attack not rsd. The rsd didn't cause her death at all, her heart caused her death. I've known a handful who died in the 1st two years I had rsd due to suicide.

I didn't vote on the poll because it isn't as simple as a yes-no.

Hugs,

Karen
CyberMeg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
booklover (12-20-2014)