View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 10:54 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzymum42 View Post
Saw ophthalmologist today. His response was, "OMG! Nobody is treating you for this? You need help right away!" I told him this was me feeling much better. His response was very validating.

He saw my double vision (my eyes, especially the left is pretty bonkers right now), ptosis, slurred speech, and weak neck muscles. His diagnosis was Myasthenia Gravis. He said its pretty obvious when you see it. Is this true? I thought so, but now a doctor is telling me this.

He called the neurologist and told her his findings. My appointment was bumped to next Wednesday instead of the end of the month.

Step in the right direction...wish me luck!

Thank you all again for your support!!!! I wouldn't have gone to the eye doctor if it hadn't been suggested.
Jennifer, This is excellent news. We can all appreciate your sense of relief.

Your post with regard to Dr. Lum-barb as we refer to him, created quite a stir here; the discussion is ongoing. These are incidences--unfortunately yours is not the first-- that need to be addressed not only at MG Conferences, but with medical students, as well.

I have an important question, if you are willing. Given the stressful situation, I appreciate that you might not be able to remember.

Can you recall what precipitated the doctor's comment, re: the lumbar puncture? For example, did you, or say, your husband, ask that you be admitted? Did the doctor say there weren't any beds? Even if you aren't positive, Jennifer, we would appreciate anything that you can add to this.

Thank you!
Fortunatos is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
cait24 (08-05-2013)