View Single Post
Old 05-16-2007, 04:43 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default block hurt like $%&#!!!!!!!

i went in to get my 3rd block today. i hadn't been in (i think) 10 days because of my lovely thrush outbreak and burning mouth syndrome (which is taking its time to leave). by the way, none of the docs or nurses or PT's or OT's that i work with have ever heard of BMS. isn't that weird?

anyway, the blocks so far have been painless except for the little tiny prick from the lidocaine shot. today was terrible. it HURT! my heart started racing and the doc asked why i was so nervous because he saw that my heart rate jumped and i was wincing and actually asked if he was almost done. i SWEAR the other two didn't hurt. now i have a droopy red eye, the right side of my face is numb and my fingertips are numb. this hasn't happened before, although he told me before the first one that the shots could have that effect.

so i am supposed to schedule for either friday or monday for another one and i am scared.

it's funny, though. before the shot 3 people asked me if i took my xanax today... first of all, i don't have any xanax because they didn't prescribe it for me. second of all, CAN'T I JUST BE HAPPY WITHOUT DRUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<sigh>

i just needed to vent. thanks for being my sounding board.

shalom,

angie
unrouley1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote