View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 03:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cait24 View Post
I just got back from the dentist. I had some weakening/erosion along my bottom teeth, probably due to the adverse side effects of prednisone and the acid reflux at night bathing my teeth. They filled it with the amalgam filling. The neuro said it was alright to use lidocaine. When I came home and looked in the mirror, I have a normal smile. My smile has not looked this good in years. I almost forgot what my real smile looked like. I though lidocaine might make my face more droopy, instead I have a real smile. Weird!!! I wonder how long it will last.

kathie
Hello Kathie, I meant to comment on this earlier. In the late 90s, a woman from southern British Columbia reported that she was experiencing a dental problem, and though she was having difficulty with chewing and speech, she had to go.

When the dentist completed his work, this lady was very excited when she found that she could speak normally, and that her face felt better than ever. Her dentist was suspicious of epinephrine but said that he would investigate.
That was the last I'd heard of this situation. It is interesting. If I understand correctly, epinephrine is a hormone. Someone with a background in chemistry might be able to explain this.
Fortunatos is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote