View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 05:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Karla,

Welcome to the forum! I have been seeing an Epileptologist for yrs. instead of a neuro and they have helped me a lot. I have right temporal lobe epilepsy where I have absence, complex partial and simple partial (aura) sz. I know that when I went through my change my sz. decreased. I would skip a month of my cycle then it would start up then I would skip 2 months until it was over. This in turn affected my hormones and calmed them down because the estrogen level dropped and it's estrogen that will cause more excitement in a womans body and trigger a sz. My Epileptologist told me that women who have temporal lobe epilepsy often go through their change earlier in life and this can lead to either a decrease or increase of sz.
I had to have a wada test done to pinpoint the exact cause of my sz. which was trauma before my birth which caused to many brain cells to go to the right temporal lobe causing scar tissue on my brain.
My advice to you is to start taking vitamin B12 1000 mcg. once a day this will calm your nerves down and help decrease the sz. also if you like almonds or nuts start eating a few of them each day because they have progesterone in them which will also calm the nerves down. This is what I did and it worked great.
I'm glad to hear that you are a writer I've been writing poems and short stories since I was a kid. I find writing along with listening to music helps calm the nerves.
Try using scents like lavender or vanilla with lotions or candles this will also help you. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!
Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote