Thread: My story
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 07:09 PM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member

To Living_Dazed,
I guess accepting the "new me" was and is the only option. I have to be a positive example in my children's eyes. Being negative does not help anyone. My faith in God and Jesus Christ has also helped me so much. He has a plan for me and I have to trust him. My 2 year old was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes 4 months after my accident so I believe my new calling is taking care of my daughter.

And for Mark. I always respected your advice on this site and thank you for your support. I do believe rehab clinics string along cases when there is a pay check as was mine because of workmans comp. I believe your response 100%. The focus of my therapy now is to work around fatigue and intentionally insert rest/breaks into my day. Fatigue does make all of my symptoms worse. My rehab clinic opened my eyes to my deficits because they challenged me everyday.

Back to you Living Dazed,
All you can do is try your best to improve everyday. Whatever that may be. You can still accomplish amazing things and help shape people's life's even with your deficits. I know there are people out there doubting themselves but please put all your trust in The Lord. He has a plan and saved each one of you for a reason .
Mark, keep doing what you are doing, you helped me a lot brother. Please ask questions to all of us, don't be shy, I wish I would have earlier.
Matt909 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote