Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Thumbs up

Hi Laurie how nice to see you here.
If you happen to have contact with any other folks from BT do let them know about these forums too

I know we all have to do things according to what works best for us and our children, so my style may not be right for you, but I have always been really upfront and honest with school people about my son's needs and health etc
I am a bit of a mommy lioness when it comes to ensuring that all school personel that he comes in contact with understand fully about TS and the co-morbid conditions that he has, and I have found that this approach has really prevented any misunderstanding or incorrect accomodations etc.

Important tho to remember that our kids frequently dont "let it all out" when they are at school or in other social environments...they save it all up for us!! which is actually somewhat comfirting to me, that my son feels safe and able to jsut release it all when at home (obviously within limitations of the need to maintain some self control and respect for other family members)

sooooo
maybe just take a wait/see approach at first and then ask for a meeting with the principal and teachers to discuss those issues which seem to be relevant, of which I believe the explanantion about TS is usually necessary. If he is not exhibiting the rages at school, then IMHO leave well enough alone.

let us know how things go! and congrats at finding a school that sounds so great environmentally
Chemar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote