View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 11:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Post re: acdf surgery

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinga View Post
Hi,

I am 3 weeks post op for 2 level fusion. I was expecting a sore throat beforehand so I tried to prepare myself. the problem has been that my throat constantly feels like it has a lump in it and I can not eat foods that are tougher to chew without problems. i have also has quite a many sensation of gaging when just sitting and trying to swallow saliva. I dont have a sore thoriat interms of the soreness you would have with a typical sore throat just that it feels blocked. Doc said that is should go away but it seems to have gotten somewhat worse in the last week.

Any advise from those who went before me?
Hi there,
the swallowing issue took about 3 wks to go away I only had 1 level c5/6 fused. It was scary, cause no one told me this could happen. If I tried to chew meat or fruit, it would come of the nurses back up on me, it would not go down. The nurses never asked about my swallowing. I was labeled as having anorexia on my record. I'm under wt & wanted to eat badly., the food looked so good! But couldn't! U think they would of ordered softer food for me. I didn't see a nurse come in for 8 hrs.
Bad exp. Never have surgery at Lowell General in mass.
my swallowing was! One
16rhonda is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (08-07-2013)