View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013, 09:54 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

My experiences with HBOT are similar to Keg's in that I have occasionally felt a little dizzy afterwards but I feel that I have probably derived some benefit from it. In any case, it did not make things worse. I have done 80 treatments two thirds at 1.5 atmospheres and one third at 2 atmostpheres pressure, each treatment lasting 1 hour at pressure. I did read that to do more than about 100 treatments consecutively might result in oxygen toxicity. However, I have had a break of over a year now so I might do some more. I know people who have had up to 1,000 treatments over several decades and they don't seem to have experienced any toxicity, so perhaps it is OK to do more than 100 treatments provided that you space them out. My doctor told me that he didn't think that it would do any harm, which is probably the main thing. The only caveat is that it should be administered by someone who is aware of the potential fire risk when using concentrated oxygen.

I think that the treatments that I have had, probably helped me, but they did not provide a complete cure. Nevertheless, I will probably try another 20 sessions. I have read that it is advisable to do several sessions a week. Unfortunately I was able to do only 3 sessions per week - more would have been better.

Happy Paddler, you may be interested to know that one of the people doing the sessions at the same time as me was a young boy, probably about 8 years old. He did the sessions with his mother. So, I assume that it is a possible treatment for a child. I don't know whether it was successful or not.

CS
2007 rear end collision at high speed on the motorway; PCS - main problems are pain in the head and fatigue; tried pregabalin,amitriptyline and HBOT possibly with some slight success; also tried LENS neurotherapy, acupuncture, sacro-cranial therapy, topiramate and manipulative physiotherapy, all with little or no success. Over the years all symptoms have become milder but have not disappeared.
Concussed Scientist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote