View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013, 10:03 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Less stimulation is better

I guess my reason for not drinking it is that I am willing to give up anything if it would help and I don't want to be taking anything that doesn't help me to deal with PCS.

Also, I feel that the problems that I have, and I think that this is common, are that my nervous system feels too stimulated already, rather than not stimulated enough. As caffeine is a stimulant I tend to avoid it for this reason. I also find that it makes my hands shake, although this happened a bit even before I got PCS. I guess finding what works for you and what is a hindrance is the important thing. I don't think that everybody's brain injury is exactly the same.

Personally I like to drink coffee, but now I just drink decaff, and that seems to work pretty well.
CS
2007 rear end collision at high speed on the motorway; PCS - main problems are pain in the head and fatigue; tried pregabalin,amitriptyline and HBOT possibly with some slight success; also tried LENS neurotherapy, acupuncture, sacro-cranial therapy, topiramate and manipulative physiotherapy, all with little or no success. Over the years all symptoms have become milder but have not disappeared.
Concussed Scientist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
GirlFromNorway (08-06-2013)