Thread: Ipad!!!!
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013, 04:34 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

My dad is talking about going back to a flip phone that just takes calls. He did say he might be ok with a camera. My dad was saying that now that he's retired, he doesn't exactly need the fancy smart phone. Seeing as how I've got one, and I can look up anything he wants faster than he can turn on his cellphone, he doesn't really need his android anymore.

I thought that he could just get one of the phones that doesn't have a contract, and he can just add minutes to it when he needs them. I love having gadgets, but I can totally see the appeal of having a basic phone too. The batteries on a basic phone probably last a lot longer without having to power a screen, bluetooth, and wifi.

My mom's phone that we bought her for Xmas in 2002 still works, and is probably the most basic cellphone I've ever seen. We've never changed her contract, so I think she's just month to month now on her phone. For her, she would never be able to figure out how to get onto the internet with her phone (think it might have that function, if we paid for it). If her phone breaks, we'll get her a no-contract phone. Hope it doesn't. She's pretty proud of how long her phone has lasted.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Erika (08-06-2013), SallyC (08-06-2013)