View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013, 10:27 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Marine Corps RSD back in 1996 plus recurring kidney stones

The title says it all I contracted RSDS in 1996 after a combat injury and this was in the right thigh, right lower leg, and right foot. After under going at that time numerous bier blocks, and tourniquet bier blocks, and epidurals nothing seemed to help. The condition got worse and I was unable to walk on my right leg for 1 year. I underwent a c&p board and received a discharge due to the injury and was compensated under the va for the disability. I have been seen in augusta georgia and other military facilities over the past few years for the condition.

The RSDS has transferred to the left leg after a fracture occured in 2000. Of course underwent numerous therapies for that extremity. The right leg I have complete dead spots that I feel nothing. I could literally stick a knife in my leg and not feel it. Sheets are horrible and I cannot stand certain clothing to be on my legs anymore. I have horrible cramps spasms and tenderness not to mention hair loss and toenail issues in both feet.

Last year I ended up with kidney stones, and this was okay until I developed a staghorn stone that was 4 inches in diameter. This stone had to be manually removed through my back. Ever since this surgery I have had the same issues with pain, clothing, and tenderness and issues with hot and cold. I am not sure if the RSDS has went to this location but i have ongoing kidney stones now.

I know that alot of years has passed since I developed RSDS but I tried to stay in the best shape and keep my body healthy after this horrible syndrome occurred in my life. I have researched many forums in hopes to find another member that has RSDS and kidney stones like myself.

Aug 2012 Basket removal surgery 8 stones right kidney
Oct 2012 surgery for 4 inch stone right kidney
nov 2012 litho ESWL for 11 stones in right kidney
March 2013 Basket removal stone surgery and vasectomy
July 2013 Litho 15 stones right kidney

Currently Have 14 stones right kidney and 5 in left kidney and 4 stones in each ureter. The doctors and surgeons have changed my diet and put me on numerous meds but nothing seems to be stopping the production of the stones. I have yet to be able to link RSDS with the formation of stones but there has to be someone out there that has ran into the same issue.

Keep in mind that is alot of surgeries but since jan of 2013 I have passed 74 stones and still had surgeries to remove stones that I could not pass. If anyone has any insight that could direct me to the right direction I would gladly appreciate the information. The VA is of no help on this issue and it appears that I am a test subject more than anything.

Location Tennessee
MSniper is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
shelbie4u (11-15-2016)