View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013, 11:22 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

The long form is a review, but it's not like going through the whole approval process again, if that's your concern.

It certainly sounds like you are current with your visits with multiple MD's. If you are following their treatment plans (aside from that cheat with not using your walker, a mistake that I hope you've learned not to do again ) and your prognosis has not dramatically improved, you SHOULD be okay.

It's so common for any one of us on disability to panic over a review. If mental health issues or cognitive issues are part of our problems, it can be even more overwhelming. As hard as it is, try to relax about it. If the long form comes, it comes. Worrying yourself sick about that prospect won't change the outcome. You've already proven to the SSA that you are disabled, now they are just inquiring if you have improved. It sounds like your docs are very supportive. You can ask one of them for help with the long form if you do end up getting it.

Please don't beat yourself up for "messing up" the short form. You did the best you could when you weren't sure that you could fill it out by yourself. If you were a real pro at all of this, with the knowledge and ability to do it all easily, you could probably work in the field . You had difficulty with the form BECAUSE you are disabled.

Give it some time. I hope that you'll find you worried for nothing. If you do end up getting the long form, check back here if you need some advice with it and follow through with your medical team or a trusted family member or friend if you need help filling it out.

Take care Granny K. Sending calming thoughts your way

Gee, this looks like a great place to sit and have a picnic with my yummy bone !
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
granny k (08-07-2013), Hopeless (08-07-2013)