View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013, 12:14 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIT LOVE View Post
Not to sidetrack, but I find it odd that RFC's are no longer required by SS. The exact info that is most relevant they no longer insist on...
I agree !

Perhaps because without a RFC that indicates a poor functional capacity, they KNOW we can't prove disability to their standards, so they can "deny".

I'm sort of kidding about that. I don't really believe that our government is trying to stop deserving citizens from receiving benefits they earned. I just can't think of a valid reason for them to say it's okay not to send in the big "proof" portion (an anecdotal observation) with an application for benefits.

Maybe it's because some doctors refuse/can't be bothered, so some applicants can't easily get it filled out. I believe they probably get many RFC's that are not filled out correctly, so maybe they are trying to make it easier to complete the application.

Personally, I feel they SHOULD adjust the instructions of the form and add responses options that include options like, "MAY be able to stand for a max of xyz minutes, but cannot reliably be counted on to stand at any time"

Gee, this looks like a great place to sit and have a picnic with my yummy bone !
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hopeless (08-07-2013)