View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013, 03:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by painman2009 View Post
Let me start off by saying thank you as well.
Now about the stones.. it could be caused by certain pain killers i.e.. percocept, or any calcium based medicine as well. as far as it being linked to RSD.. anything is possible as RSD messes up your entire body all together, mainly the parts that are on automatic pilot. so your body can be making pearls in your kidney,s because of a mixed signal. look up in greys anatomy the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system. It does not explain RSD, but it will give you an insight as to why and or how RSD affects you . learning about how these systems work and connect your autonomic system together you can see clearly th path RSD has to travel.. and it has many intersections with other systems, and controls or is responsible for more than you can possibly imagine..Odd but before I accepted the diagnosis, I researched a lot. constantly looking for a way to call my dr,s nuts, or lazy, that this is not what was wrong, but after all was said and done, I accepted the dx, and moved on.
I hope that this will help you get some answers you are looking for.. mind you its a bit of reading so do it in stages and take notes, putting it in your own language helps retain the info.. good luck

As for stones from medicine. When I was in the corps undergoing treatment for RSD not once did I ever receive narcotics for the pain. The pain was unbearable but I grinned and continued on. This went on for an entire year. The treatments at the time was lidocaine xylocaine, and many other drugs used in the bier blocks and epidurals. Not including the therapy of 55 gal drums of hot water, and ice water and electro therapy. I received so much bier blocks that i built a tolerance to the meds that was used and was basically at that time given an option of amputation because of atrophy and pain. I decided against it and continued to have a strong mind set and try to beat the odds. Little was known by the military docs that I saw about RSD until a trip to Bethesda and then I was filled in on all the stages and how the cycles went.

Since then I have continued to live in pain. I try to keep my lifestyle healthy and just really try to ignore the issue but it is still present. After an injury to the left ankle which resulted in splinter effect of the ankle the RSD relocated to that extremity but the civilian doctors denied it. Same symptoms same signs and over a year to recover.

Now after numerous surgeries on my back and even though the doctors and anesthesia teams were informed that I had RSD i fear that the syndrome is now in these areas. I am in constant pain even when no stones are present and underwent further testing on the kidneys and they are still working fine. They ruled out the kidneys causing the pain. But it is the same as before I cannot stand a shirt on my back I can't lay on my back because of the material on the bed I either have to lay on the left side and curl in a ball to keep anything away from my back. Showers are almost impossible because of the temp of the running water. The slightest touch sends me into agony after the first surgery I had the same discoloration as I did when diagnosed it literally looked like you removed the first layer of my skin and the raw effect was there.

It took months for the color to return to normal but I know these symptoms are the same plus some that I have not went into detail with.
MSniper is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote