View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013, 11:18 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

I honestly can't remember the difference in the testing. I know that getting them both tested helps in determining how your thyroid is working. But, again, I just can't remember. I do know that some people have to take a combination of T3/T4 medications and getting them both tested in helpful in determining which meds will be best for you. It wouldn't hurt to ask for a referral to an endocrinologist for further work up. An endocrinologist will be able to review your testing and determine if your symptoms are due to your thyroid functioning or to something else.

As for your CRP, obviously there is some sort of inflammation going on. It could be something as minor as allergies or a low grade infection or muscle/joint/tendon injury to something a little more serious. Is your dr. going to retest you in a month or so?

Inflammatory markers such as CRP and the ANA can be tricky when dealing with autoimmune diseases. They can go up and down. It would be hard to say if the reason for the elevated CRP was due to an autoimmune response or to something else such as heart disease.
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Erika (08-08-2013)