View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 03:52 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Beware some Neurontin/Lyrica side effects

I have peripheral neuropathy in addition to TOS (actually, the PN was first I think). When I tried Neurontin I was ok on the super low dose, but it wasn't helping the PN, so they upped it (to what dose I'm not sure). Then I started becoming irritable (******) and finally homicidal/suicidal. So they switched me to Lyrica only to have the same thing happen. I know I wasn't taking a high dose & I wasn't even super regular on when I took it (3x/day but at different times), so I'm not entirely sure what the problem was for me. I just know that I would go to work & want to rip everyone's heads off & while driving I'd think about driving my vehicle into the underpass supports. I never did anything on those ideas, but I really disliked having those ideas every day for most of the day -- especially since I'm typically a very mild mannered congenial happy type person.

I take amitriptyline (Elavil), hydrocodone (7.5 Lortab), and cyclobenziprine (Flexeril) now for my TOS/PN and Imitrex for migraines when absolutely necessary. The Elavil & Lortab are in my daily meds, but I only take the Flexeril when I'm having a bad day/night.

Good luck!
Biologybrain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote