View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 09:35 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodgrl View Post
I really don't want to go too off topic as respect for the OP of the thread, but I feel I had to say something. Tessa I'm assuming you have health insurance and haven't yet got to the point where you are fighting with the state for Medicaid or being turned down for private insurance because of preexisting condition(s). You may be a little more supportive of the new system if that was the case. I am paying out of pocket for every appointment, test, hospital visit and prescription. I can't wait until I am able to get health care again because of the new system. Even when I was working and had great insurance ( paid for by my employer) I believed everyone should be able to have affordable health care.

I don't believe the affordable health care act is perfect by any means and was not the plan Obama originally intended. I think a lot of people are jumping the gun thinking that there are going to be many problems when we really don't know until it is fully in effect.
Oh trust me - I have dealt with every aspect of not having insurance or having pre-existing conditions!! My first born spent most of her 6 years of life in the hospital fighting for her life and we had no insurance. Years later, I was diagnosed with cancer and fought for every single treatment including chemo/radiation multiple surgeries, transfusions etc., without private insurance.. my husband sustained a fracture of his spine at work just last November so YES we are intimately familiar with WC and other insurance or lack there of .. issues.

My words were only to say that it will be more difficult to find doctors willing to treat those who are on the new plan. I also stated how much more difficult it will be to get an appointment because wait lists will be high. I was not saying anything against or for this new healthcare policy just making comments as to future difficulties such programs can cause. If I offended you or anyone else that was not my intention at all.. I am just as angry at our system (WC/Medicaid/Medicare) as the next person!!

Lastly, I pointed out that it is not the fault of the doctors that WC makes people jump through endless hoops trying to get treatment rightfully deserved - it is WC state laws that doctors are required to follow.
zookester is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote