View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 09:40 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zookester View Post
Oh trust me - I have dealt with every aspect of not having insurance or having pre-existing conditions!! My first born spent most of her 6 years of life in the hospital fighting for her life and we had no insurance. Years later, I was diagnosed with cancer and fought for every single treatment including chemo/radiation multiple surgeries, transfusions etc., without private insurance.. my husband sustained a fracture of his spine at work just last November so YES we are intimately familiar with WC and other insurance or lack there of .. issues. ;

My words were only to say that it will be more difficult to find doctors willing to treat those who are on the new plan. I also stated how much more difficult it will be to get an appointment because wait lists will be high. I was not saying anything against or for this new healthcare policy just making comments as to future difficulties such programs can cause. If I offended you or anyone else that was not my intention at all.. I am just as angry at our system (WC/Medicaid/Medicare) as the next person!!

Lastly, I pointed out that it is not the fault of the doctors that WC makes people jump through endless hoops trying to get treatment rightfully deserved - it is WC state laws that doctors are required to follow.
Sorry I must have taken it the wrong way. Probably due to hearing so many people going on and on about how horrible it is going to be.
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (08-08-2013)