View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 11:35 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Just left ALJ hearing.

It was stressful, with one breakdown on my part. It lasted about 30 minutes, and the judge was pretty nice, and a little gruff. It was a video conference. My attorney was by my side and I was really prepared. There was a VE present, I gave my testimony and it went pretty well. My atty asked most of the questions, my witness was called in and questioned, and then the judge asked me more quetions. Then the VE was asked if I could do my past jobs and he said yes. Then, the VE was presented with my RFC form and the supporting letter from my neurologist. Then the VE was asked the question again, and his answer changed to a NO. Then the VE was asked if I could do any work, and his answer was NO because of my strict restrictions. I think the judge asked me a specific question during the interview to catch me in a fib, but even though it was an embarassing question to me to answer, I told the truth. My atty said he would place money on a win. I sure hope so. Does anyone know if this looks like it will go in my favor? If all my medical evidence says I cannot work, and the VE says I cannot work, past work or any other work, what reasons can a judge possibly give now that can make me lose my case?
nicd577 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hopeless (08-10-2013)