View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 01:14 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsiw View Post
I always feel like this thread makes me want to build a to-do list. But that may scare me and overwhelm me.... sometimes it is best to keep the list of things unknown and in my head somewhere hidden. The past few days have been unproductive, which means that list will be much more stressful this weekend if left unattended to. Ok I will get back to work after this one post.

I have a 15 page paper to write, a journal log for class, a 10 page testing report to work on this afternoon, lunch to make at home, a dissertation to begin, a publication to finish, cupcakes to bake for tomorrow (my closest friend is moving 3 hours away), I think that is all. Oh and the doctor to call and beg for a new medication without making me come visit him again or pay anything additional as I do not have health insurance and got a school voucher on the last visit and the meds only cost $10.

Financially things are terrible. I will soon owe $100,000 is student loans. My credit card bills are a few thousand. My husband is still unemployed. I despise more than 75% of the people in my program and I have 2 years remaining. I also hate small town life. I am a city girl, no offense to anyone who isn't. But it isn't for me. I guess it could be way worse. I need to spin this positively, right?

What is on my plate that is good - is what I should be saying instead. I have a husband who loves me, although we've been arguing for days and not really communicating this week, but it always works out. I have the most amazing pet family in the planet (2 dogs, 2 cats - the best bunch ever). I have a lovely duplex. My car is reliable, although in need of body repairs as I was hit this weekend but thankfully, he wrote me a check yesterday. I have a lovely office that is quiet and zen. I have a brain to some extent -- just need more motivation to actually use it and get work done. I have a family out there, somewhere miles away. I have friends too that are so far away but somewhere out there. There is a world I'd love to travel one day. And I have goals, yes goals to accomplish. So much I want to do and see. That is what is on my plate. Fighting each day and not giving up.
i'll put in prayer
that WISH for you
keep that goal
one day at a time
it too shall be yours
Faith, Hope and a WISH
for the Stars

Amen!
someone who cares
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (08-11-2013), barbo (10-08-2013), hsiw (08-15-2013), Mark56 (08-10-2013)