Old 08-08-2013, 02:12 PM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Default Botox helped some

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzyonline View Post
I have chronic, daily migraines. I have a vp shunt for severe hydro placed 4 years ago and I've had a headache ever since. My headaches are debilitating. They wake me up at night, and I have them off and on all day. I finally got botox for migraines. My headaches got much worse at first (for about 3 weeks) but then I got a little relief, still having headaches everyday. It's time for me to get botox again, but I'm so nervous that my headaches will get worse at first. Has anyone had any experience like this? Please help!
My husband suffers with chronic daily migraines and cluster headaches, ice pick headaches and now some burning and itching feelings he calls the 'heebeejeebees', causing him to itch until his skin is raw, yet there no rash.

He's been taking Botox treatments every 90 days for over a year. They do help and the first time it didn't seem like it did much, over time his pain lessened quite a bit and once, when we missed his appointment by 14 days, the pain came back with a vengeance. We don't miss appointments now, lol.

Botox was really scary in the beginning, especially after an experience at one of the headache clinics which shall remain unnamed that did a nerve injection that set off the worst cluster on the opposite side of his head ever and all they did was say 'hmm'.

We've had relatively good luck with it, our neurologist is always up on the latest developments with it and insertion points have changed since it was first introduced. It took a couple treatments to start seeing the results.

I hope you feel better soon, having daily migraines isn't for sissies and you are to be commended on your strength and endurance!
Liora is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote