View Single Post
Old 05-16-2007, 07:13 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Well Sally, all I can say is I've tried Beta, Tysabri, and Copaxone. I was still having a lot of exacerbations will good recovery after each other, but no new lesions. Copaxone was a disaster for me. Major major fatigue. So that was not an option to return to after Tysabri was pulled.

My MRI has been stable since my dx in 2001. No explanation for that except maybe they aren't showing up YET!

So since my insurance company in their infinite wisdom decided that Tysabri was too expensive and disallowed it for me, I chose a different path - the clinical trial path of Tovaxin.

I am very happy with my choice and have a year to find out if I am on placebo or the real thing since it is a double blind study. Once the study is unblinded, we all have the option of receiving on year of free drug.

In the meantime, I am hoping for a reduction in exacerbations! One less per year would be great! Fewer IVSM in this poor body is what I asked for from Santa. So far, so good!

Good question!

“When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” - Henry Ford
tovaxin_lab_rat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote