View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 03:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by granny k View Post
I found this, but it is not from a ss sight

A soft inquiry generally occurs when a prospective employer is conducting a background check. A soft inquiry also occurs when a creditor is pre-screening candidates for special offers. For example, all of those pre-approved credit card applications that come in the mail are generated from soft inquiries. Soft inquiries can occur without your consent or knowledge. If you pull your own credit report, this also shows as a soft inquiry. So they say for verification of who I am, will that be it? oh I panic over everything.

could this be what ss will do? it doesn't sound like it above...but know I don't trust social security
Checking your own credit report should not and does not count as an inquiry. Yes, employers and others may check your credit without contacting you. There was much to do over car dealerships checking your credit while you were on a test drive without telling you. I guess checking your credit might be something done by SSI but I don't think it is done with SSDI. Being disabled has nothing to do with your credit. Supplemental insurance SSI is a different story as it is based upon your financial need. I am NO authority on the subject, just my opinion. People with a lot more experience with "the system" can give you a much better response.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
granny k (08-08-2013)