View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 03:27 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brambledog View Post
Thanks for this Vrae. I'll have to wait until it's available on YouTube or something though!

The MMJ thing is a very interesting debate. I've read a lot about it, and it's hard to sift though the evidence because the whole subject is shrouded in a cloud of hippie-phobia, fear and suspicion. I suspect that in common with many drugs, when widely available it causes a lot of physical and social problems among casual users - BUT it can be beneficial in a medical setting when used for particular conditions.....such as neuropathic pain....like.....for instance.....CRPS....

It's biggest problem is that it was first and foremost a recreational drug (used by a negatively-viewed social group) before any medical benefits were realised - so its use is associated with all those negative social stereotypes. Making it available to everyone on the street was never going to improve the situation long-term, which is a shame. If the medical community had started its use, we wold not even be having the discussion - MMJ would just be another prescription drug that also had a criminal street value and use.

Personally I would like the chance to try it for myself legally. I don't want to have to smoke it, but I'm interested in the drug itself and it's reported neuro-pain benefits. There's just so much social stigma attached to it though, that I can't see it happening. When your (effective) drug options are so limited, and traditional painkillers are as effective as Smarties, not being able to explore something like MMJ properly is a tragedy.

Just my view

Bram.

As always Bram the Brit, you crack me up / make me smile. Thanks for that!

I strongly agree with all you have said above. Hopefully it won't be too long after it airs on TV that they will offer it online as well. Or as soon as it's run out of TV ad dollars.
Vrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brambledog (08-08-2013)