View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 03:54 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Attention

Quote:
Originally Posted by medstudent99 View Post
I am a med-student who has been suffering from 24/7 bilateral eye pain and frontal head pain for over 3 years. This constant, dull, soreness and sensation of pressure has become totally disabling and I've had to completely withdraw from school and almost all other activities. I have literally seen over 100 doctors all over the United States including Ophthalmologists, Neuro-Ophthalmologists, Neurologists, Neurosurgeons, NeuroRadiologists, and Cardiologists. I have taken a myriad of different prescription medications for the pain, but they only provide short-term 30% relief of the pain at best. I was diagnosed with Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension, but I have had shunt surgery to relieve the high CSF (cerebrospinal fluid) pressure. The pressure is normal, and the question is why am I still in pain?

I'm looking for ANY information that would lead to the resolution of the pain I experience. I've been blessed with a loving family that supports me and cares deeply for me. *edit*
here is a link to a website my father and I constructed which has my full medical history

*edit*

Despite the burden of constant pain, I will never stop fighting and searching for an answer

God Bless,
medstudent99
I am 19 years old and I found out I had chiari malformation when I was 16. Before that I suffered with migraines 24/7 also. And any pressure in my head limke sneezing or coughing made it worse. I had to be homeschooled my last two years of high school and it was hard to do any activities. Well I waited for a year to have my decompression surgery and my mistake was waiting so long. I am thankfull my daily migraines got better but my other symptoms got worse and I developed a syrinx. I am on disability now I have been diagnosed with depression, ataxia, sleep apnea, cervical dystonia, POTS, neuropathy, etc.... My Main problem is I have no balance. I have to have help on stairs and I fall a lot. I am now facing a spinal fusion surgery next month to maybe help some of my symptoms now. U say u have had a lot of tests but trust me so have I. It took a few to find the chiari. They found it by an MRI of the brain with contrast. It sounds li8ke this could be what ur diagnosed with. My advice to u is to have them search for this SOON. If This is ur problem u really need to have them take care of it. Don't be dumb like I was and wait around cause then even surgery wont help ur symptoms and they could even possibly worsen as mine did
unfortunate1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote