View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 04:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Exclamation Spinal fusion surgery next month???

I am a 19 year old female and I have Arnold Chiari Malformation. They found it at age 16 and I had a decompression surgery when I turned 17. It helped the 24/7 headaches but after I developed a lot of other symptoms and have been diagnosed with many things. My worst symptom now is my balance and coordination. In have to have help on stairs and hills. I also cant even run or jump due to my awful balance. I fall a lot. My symptoms also include difficulty swallowing, dizziness, nausea. I have been diagnosed with a syrinx and a kinked brainstem. Other diagnoses include ataxia, sleep apnea, neuropathy, POTS, cervical dystonia, depression and there are probably a few I cant think of at the moment. They said the inside of my head where theyb did my surgery in 2011 is still swollen and it shouldn't be. I am scheduled for a spinal fusion surgery next month, September 12. After surgery they wanna put me in a rehab hospital to teach me to do ADLs again (activities of daily living) Such as walking. Im very scared and just need some input on this surgery. I already rescheduled it once because I was nervous. I was scheduled to have it yesterday. I had pre op and everything. Thisis just a very risky surgery and im worri8ed about coming out worse then I am??? Please help!!
unfortunate1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote