Old 08-08-2013, 05:56 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Default Ever so nicely said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvella View Post
Thanks for the information about the numbness. I'll see if I can find some kind of cream for it. Do you have any idea what might work? Unfortunately, it's right between my shoulder blades and really hard for me to reach, but I'm glad to know this will probably go away with time.

I already did the experiment where I turned the unit off and just relied on pain meds and then stopped the pain meds and just relied on the SCS. Unfortunately, it quickly became clear the only relief I've gotten since the surgery is completely due to the pain meds which I never had before. I have no idea why my doctor never offered them to me before because I certainly would have been much more mobile all these months if I had had them. The SCS unit just can't seem to hit the right spot so the relief from that is 0% so far no matter what setting or program I use at the moment. Hopefully the next programming session will be able to change location enough to get it.

I'm still not entirely sure what all was done during the surgery as I never got a chance to talk to the surgeon afterwards and it turned out to be nothing at all like what was planned for beforehand. I'm always amazed at the difference in quality between my vet versus human doctors. After I bring my dog or cat to the vet, I always get a phone call within the next day or two asking how they're doing, to schedule to have their stitches taken out, etc. After what I consider fairly major surgery, I'm just sent home with a generic checklist and no follow up care whatsoever unless I initiate it. And when I do have a question, I have to play voicemail roulette and feel like the person on the other end has no idea what I'm talking about or really answers my questions.
It be told by this relentless one I will have all
MY QUESTIONS ANSWERED LIKE IT OR NOT
AND ALL THE NAMES OF ANYONE ASSIGINED
TO ME
AND TO ASK THEM TO CLEAN THERE
HANDS USING NO GLOVES
OH HECK I HAD TO SPEAK UP

Someone who cares
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (08-08-2013), Rrae (08-10-2013)