View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 06:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginnie View Post
Do you have any other auto immune problems besides CRPS? Also is the hair coming out in round patches or all over? I ask you this because I have an auto immune condition called alopecia universalis. I have had it since I was 29 years old. I know how it presents, and what it looks like to start with. I hope this is only due to some medication, and not some more serious issue. Stress can also thin hair out, hormones too. T & B Lymphocytes is how the DX for alopecia is discovered.
I will keep you in my thoughts. It is devastating to lose ones hair, it is an emotional ordeal I wouldn't wish on anyone. All my best wishes to you Bram. ginnie Did you have a recent virus?
Thanks Ginnie Yes, I am a coeliac - another auto-immune merry-go-round As far as I can tell, it is a general thinning out of the hair all over my head, not in one patch. At the moment I'm very thankful that I started out with thick hair, if it had been thin I would lucky to have a few wisps left... After I've washed my hair I always clean out the drain-sieve thingy, and I just couldn't get my head around how much of it there was today. Add to that everything I cleared from my brush downstairs afterwards. Sobering stuff.

I'm going to overhaul my diet and exercise, and try to do some meditation again. I've got out of the habit lately... Think I'll brush my hair a bit less as well

Bram.

Coeliac since 2007.
Patella femoral arthritis both knees.

Keep smiling!
Brambledog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote