View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 06:50 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi Stacy,

The vitality test is called the cold test. All you need is an ice cube to perform it. There is also another test called a pulp test which is a little battery operated hand held device that can measure the vitality of the tooth. It is not 100% accurate.

I cannot tell you about this particular filling as I cannot see you clinically and you have not posted a xray. The filling could be deep and irritating the pulp... it could be fractured... it could be too high in your bite as you move your jaw from side to side.

Having a chronic TMJ issue tends to make me think that your bite changes according to the level of inflammation in your joint and ligament. Anything that causes you stress will tighten that ligament and alter your bite even more.

Did you have any problems with that tooth prior to the new filling being placed? What filling material was in there originally?

Bryanna
Thanks Bryanna-

Both TM joints are ankylosed, my side to side movement maybe 1-2 mm, I cannot move my mandible foreward and my opening is 10-12 mm. I have been operated on numerous times, and I keep forming adhesions. I know have dura covering the condyles and cadaver bone in the fossas ( I previously had metal implants & also became ankylosed...disaster).

I am new to this site and do not know how to post an Xray. He printed one for me to take to the endodontist, so I have a copy. That tooth was a vergin tooth. There was no filling.

I am thinking he was speaking of the pulp test. What do they do with an ice cube??

Thanks,

Stacy
Stacy_11 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (08-14-2013)