View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 08:38 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I am so terribly sorry. I saw your initial post and it was at the same time I thought I was pregnant...then the test was negative...and then I went to the doctor and it was positive. It also wasn't planned and I had been on the pill for 10 years. 4 days later I had a miscarriage at what would have been 7 weeks...that's this week.

I can't believe how insensitive some people would be to say that it shouldn't hurt because it was so early. I know exactly how strongly you feel the loss because I am feeling it now too...just got used to the idea and was starting to get excited...only to have it ripped away. I was also terrified...but mostly excited and knew my boyfriend and I would figure things out and make it though anything that was thrown at us. Well...THIS is what was thrown at us. We will make it through...but it still hurts...a LOT.

As far as the D&C...just make sure you weigh your options carefully. If there is a risk of spread then I would really consider other options first...mostly because you don't know how spread could affect your future chances for kids and/or an intimate relationship with your partner. But you need to do what's best for you...it's a personal decision...just try not to make an emotional decision because I know you are going through a lot right now.

I know it's hard...but TRY to take it easy and rest up. The more stressed you are...the greater your chances for a flare up. It's okay to be sad...you've just been through something heartbreaking. You need to go through the grieving process.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (08-12-2013), CRPSsongbird (08-17-2013), Djhasty (08-15-2013)