View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 11:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrae View Post
My CRPS II is full body.

So I’ve been having issues with choking for several months now. This happens sometimes when I am eating, drinking or sleeping. A few days ago I REALLY choked. I was eating linguini, and bite number 3 or 4 and I started to choke, gag, and panic! I was alone at the time this happened. After I finished coughing my food back into my plate (lovely hu?), I sat down and had quite the pitty party, feeling sorry for myself. Afraid… This was really scary!! My voice was actually horse the following day from all the coughing.

As I always do, I started to research, and that just made me feel even worse. From what I have read, this could very well be just a part of the gig. My husband came home from work and I told him as much. And as always, just his presence made me feel better.

And if that wasn’t enough we’ve been passing around a virus in our house. On Saturday I started feeling really weird and by the time I made it upstairs to bed I couldn’t form words when I tried to speak to my husband just before I laid down to rest. My words came out like gibberish. My tongue wouldn’t work!

<sigh>

When I woke up I felt much better and have been able to speak clearly since this incident, but I am REALLY, REALLY worried about these new symptoms!
You poor thing, New symptoms like that are very scary and I understand the worry because...
OMG, Yes, I have had that happen a lot after my nerve blocks. But once it had been more than 2 wks since a nerve block and I was taking my medicine and I couldn't swallow a pill and literally inhaled it. I don't mean it sort "went down the wrong pipe". I inhaled it into my bronchial tubes and I made my husband call a nurseline & they wanted me to go to E.R. I did not go but I never coughed so much and so hard. Powder flew out when I coughed and eventually I got the capsule part (spare you the details). Since then I'm very careful and aware.
Why does this happen?
AZ-Di is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Vrae (08-08-2013)