View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 11:57 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I am one of the many here that had the mental exam for SSD. The guy who did it was also the guy that my neuro had me make an app't for early on in my diagnosis and my insurance would not pay for it. So when I told him that, I thought he was mad enough he was going to get red in the face. He said that no one should ever be denied a test just because insurance woul not pay for it. So he scheduled a full mental exam instead of the mini mental exam that SSD was requiring. And as tkrik said it was very insightful. It helped me understand that some f the funny things that were going on in my MS life were real. There was a real reason for my hearing things not as the were being said but as I was percieving them, not able to find words or at least not able to speak them even though they were in my mind. It also helped my husband to understand me a little more. I will always be grateful for his genourosity

doydie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (08-09-2013), Erika (08-09-2013), mrsD (08-09-2013), SallyC (08-09-2013), tkrik (08-09-2013)