View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013, 08:54 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks for the info.

Does it also reduce/ cure/ manage "brain fog"?

That, and short-term memory "challenges," have been my main problem (they are perhaps really the same thing...).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouse1 View Post
In my case YES! It was the turning point in my recovery.

Cymbalta does have side effects such as nausea, fatigue, dizzyness amongst others. Most of these go away in the first two weeks, so you just need to ride this out, it will get better.

In my case PCS was causing light and noise sensitivity, fatigue, insomnia, migraines, low mood - àll these symptoms are very closely tied together.

Cymbalta reversed all of these symptoms I believe, and gradually over a period of 5 months I am completely better. My headaches and insomnia went away straight away, and gradually over time all the other symptoms.

Cymbalta is a painkiller, this is why it's helping your headaches, it is very effective with nerve pain - its painkilling qualities are not fully understood, they were discovered by accident. It does increase serotonin which naturally narrows blood vessels, so this can help reduce migraine headaches. I am really pleased it is helping you.

It is more effective to take it in the morning apparently. I was on 60mg but am now on 30mg with no symptoms after 9 months since hitting my head, I am going to withdraw off it when I come back from holiday as it is a temporary measure to help with PCS, and boy has it worked!
Tom from Queens is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote