View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013, 01:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by triviafriend View Post
Gosh my ego is a bit bruised...lots of views of this page, but no one posting. I hope if you have a similar story, you tell it here, even briefly. Reading posts from others who were suffering was some of the best recovery medicine I found (which is why sharing is the cornerstone of the 12 Step Movement). But even if you are just reading, I hope this thread helps you!
Hi trivia
I have to admit your post is a bit disturbing and scarey. I know you are trying to help others (like me) to understand withdrawing form Lyrica is difficult and what we can expect. That is how I found your post. You said you were on 450mgs but you didnt mention how long you were taking Lyrica for. Did it help with your pain from RSD, even though your say your side effects were "Horrible". Were you on another medication for your pain while you were weaning off the Lyrica. (sorry my question mark key is broken).

I take 300mgs of Lyrica for small fiber neuropathy for 8 mos now for neuropathic pain. I think it is helping a little with some of the pins and needles & tinglin pain , buzzin pain, and some burning. My side effects are very painful belly bloating and painful stomach, (little weight gain tho) head fogginess, and depression. My Doctor doesnt want to increase my dose, he thinks the sideeffects outweigh the benefits! I feel the same. I think its time to cut back on Lyrica. I have a script for 25mgs to start titrating.

So my "dilemna " scares me to death for three reasons. My pain may get worse. I do not have a back up med for my pain. And the withdrawal symptoms . I knew withdrawal from Lyrica could get bad, but I guess I didnt realise how bad until I read your post! Are the symptoms you listed only if someone goes cold turkey. Did titrating at 25mgs for many days help make withdrawal less painful for you. My plan is to go sloooowly (again, sorry question mark key is broken).

Im going crazy , I dont know what to do. I have pain, but Lyrica is not working, If I go off Lyrica my pain could get worse and will suffer withdrawal side effects too. Ugghh! I tryed Cymbalta, neurotin, and elavil no help and had to stop due to sideefects. (I take a low dose of Xanax for anxiety).

How are you feeling today. Are you off the Lyrica completely and what are you taking for your RSD pain.

Has anyone else had a bad withdrawal experience with Lyrica. Thanks for letting me vent!

Last edited by Marie33; 08-09-2013 at 02:07 PM.
Marie33 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (09-18-2013), Hana (04-03-2014)