Thread: So Sad....
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013, 03:41 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I still think back about getting the first hint that I might have MS from the first brain MRI I had. I knew there was something unusual about the MRI results, but couldn't get anybody at the doctor's office to tell me what it was. Finally the doctor called me that night and said there was no sign of tumors, but the possibility of MS. It sounds so wierd looking back on it, but my first reaction was relief. Relief that I didn't have cancer and wasn't going to get a "you have X months to live" Dx. Then I had to think "what is MS?...is that like Jerry's kids or something?"

Lets just say that I have become much more aware of other diseases and compassionate towards everybody over the nine years or so since that happened. But even with all of the knowledge I have gained, one thing still stands out...relief. Maybe it is self-delusion done to make me feel better...but I find myself relieved that I don't have something terminal or untreatable. Yes, MS sucks and there is no cure and it will progress...but at least for me, it hasn't progressed much, and if I had to be afflicted with something, it sure beats incurable cancer or something like that.

All you can do Eric is give thanks for the things you do have in life and be compassionate to those who are less fortunate.
TXBatman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (08-09-2013), SallyC (08-09-2013), tkrik (08-09-2013)