View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013, 06:48 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelworker View Post
The VA docs convinced me years ago that they are graduates of the Clown College School of Medicine.

Here is what I would sugest. Go see a prominent non-VA RSD doc. Get a complete workup along with a rating of disability from him/her. File a new claim with the VA. As a matter of law the VA must accept the rating provided by your non-VA RSD expert.

Brother, from what you have written you should be rated at 100%.

Finally most states have a State Veterans Affairs Office which will represent you at no cost before the VA. The DAV also has some good National Service Officers (but if the DAV tells you the VA is not your enemy - walk away from them).

The VA ALWAYS has an adversarial relationship with the veteran.
I am trying to find a non-va rsd doc now in tennesse and that is a hard thing to find. I have an appointment with the va in september for a new primary care there and right now i am researching trying to find a doc in my area that knows about rsd. So i can have all the paperwork ready to file a new claim and hopefully get them to accept it.

I used the DAV when I got out of service and they were slow as crap. The DAV Rep was basically useless and I ended up going to a state congressmen and getting the issue pushed a little faster.
MSniper is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote