View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013, 07:42 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heb1212 View Post
I too am looking for a rhyme or reason. I have an apparently "normal" skin biopsy result in that the number of fibers fall well within the diagnostic guidelines, but I do have small and medium sized axonal swellings. Without the biopsy showing a diminished fiber count, my neuro (probably rightly so) is baffled as to the body-wide intense burning and paresthesias I experience. From what I've read, doesn't involvement of the DRG have to demonstrate itself in at least a positive finding via biopsy, nerve conduction study or a deficit clinically of some kind? This thread is a little old, so I don't know if "Idiopathic PN" is still monitoring or if you have had any success yet in finding your "reason." I hope so.
Heb1212,

I haven't found that elusive rhyme and reason... yet. In fact, the pain has slowly gotten worse. The last time I saw my neuro, I was given a food supplement called Metanx. He sounded positive on the effectiveness. For someone who doesn't lose hope in getting better, I was optimistic. I only had 2 days of "feel better" after taking it. After 2 days, it came back to the "normal" pain.

Mary
Idiopathic PN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote