View Single Post
Old 05-16-2007, 08:26 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I see this thread offering tips, if you will, regarding income and how it would affect SSDI to where to get the cheapest domain name. The possibilites are endless.

I have a lower motor neuron disease and I started making jewelry because I was bored silly not working. I've been on SSDI since I became ill, about 11 years, and I'm thankful for the monthly check but I'm on a real tight budget. I have made some extra cash selling my jewelry in local shops and jewelry parties. My daughter markets my jewelry and hers as I am house bound and it would be impossible for me to get out and show my goods if I didn't have her. Our styles are entirely different; she is classy and detail oriented and I'm trendy and commercial so it works out well for us, we are not competing. I have a store on Etsy.com where they only allow handmade items. The categories include photographyand paintings to candles and soaps, it has to be handmade. They do have an antique category but I have not checked it out. The website is free, the only cost is $ .20 to list an item. It's like having a website for free and I'm sure there must be other venues available to us if we network and share our knowledge.

I am excited about this thread although I think it will be a nightmare to organize and administer. I don't think there should be self promotion allowed unless it's through a pm. Who knows what's available to us. So etsy.com is my first contribution and I hope some of you can use it.

Susan
Curls47 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote